Mebendazole 500 mg
Adults and children 14 years Echinococcosis Directional dose for initiation of therapy:
• First Week: 3 × 1 tablet daily.
• Second Week: 3 x 2 tablets daily.
• From 3 Week: 3 × 3 tablets daily.
• The maintenance dose should, on the basis of plasma level determinations, are carefully defined individually (target plasma level: 250 nmol, measured 4 hours after taking the morning dose).
• Daily doses of more than 12 tablets (6 g mebendazole) are rarely necessary according to experience.
• For better absorption, it is advisable to take Verm1 500 mg together with high fat foods.
• At the beginning of treatment and at multi-week intervals during long-term therapy, the blood parameters and liver function should be monitored.
• The perioperative prophylaxis usually starts shortly before surgery and continued during up to 3 months afterwards.
See insert leaflet.
Cimetidine may inhibit the metabolism of mebendazole in liver, resulting in increased plasma concentration of the drug.
- Carton box containing 1 strip each of 1 tablets and insert leaflet.
- Carton box containing 28 strip each of 1 tablets and insert leaflet.
- The drug must be kept in a dry place at temperature not exceeding 30 °C.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Manufactured by Marcyrl