Memantine HCL Each ml=10 mg (Eq. to 8.31mg memantine).
Treatment of the symptoms of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease.
Note: 5 mg = 10 drops of memantine hydrochloride oral drops.
Adults: The recommended maintenance dose is 20 drops solution or 1 dropper twice daily or 2 droppers once daily.
This is achieved by upward titration as follows:
• Treatment should be started with 10 drops or half dropper daily during the 1st week.
• In the 2nd week the dose is 10 drops or half dropper twice daily.
• In the 3rd week 30 drops/day or one and half dropper in separate doses is recommended.
• From the 4th week on, treatment is usually continued with the maintenance dose of 20 drops or 1 dropper twice daily.
• Drops should be swallowed with a little liquid. They can be taken with or without food.
• Renal impairment (patients with a creatinine clearance ≤ 50 mL/min).
• Hypersensitivity to either the active ingredient or any of the excipients.
• Patients with a current seizure disorder or with any history of seizures.
• Pregnancy and lactation.
• Shortness of breath
• Skin rash
• Increased risk of CNS toxicity when memantine is given with ketamine, dextromethorphan, amantadine, levodopa, pergolide and selegiline.
• Memantine enhances effects of warafin, antimuscarinic.
• Memantine reduces the effects of primidone, antipsychotics and barbiturates.
• Memantine possibly modifies effects of baclofen and dentrolene.
• The use of memantine is not recommended during pregnancy.
• Women must not breast-feed while taking Alzmenda.
• The use of memantine in patients with severe renal (kidney) impairment is not recommended.
• The dose in patients with moderate renal impairment may have to be reduced.
• Memantine has not been thoroughly evaluated in patients with seizure disorder or in patients with liver disease.
• The use of memantine in patients taking other NMDA antagonists (amantadine [Symmetrel], ketamine [Ketalar], and dextromethorphan [a common component of cough suppressants, such as Robitussin DM]) should be approached with caution.
• Carton Box Containing a Glass bottle with dropper of 20 ml tight closed & insert.
• Stored at temperature not exceeding 30 º C.
Manufactured by Marcyrl