Active substance: L-ornithine L-aspartate 5,00 g
- Acute and chronic liver diseases, accompanied with hyperammoniemia (hepatitis, cirrhosis, hepatic steatosis, toxic hepatic lesions).
- Treatment of concomitant and secondary symptoms under violations of detoxification functions of liver.
- Hepatic encephalopathy (delitescent and clinically apparent), especially within a complex treatment of incipient disturbance of consciousness (pre-coma) or coma.
Dosage and Administration
- Under impairment of consciousness, depending on the severity level of condition, up to 40g are administered intravenously in the course of 24 hours. Infusion duration, frequency and therapy course are determined individually.
- Peak infusion speed – 5 g /hour.
- It is recommended not to exceed 6 ampoules content per 500 ml of infusion solution.
Apparent renal dysfunction (with creatinine level exceeding 3 mg/100 ml of blood plasma).
- Cutaneous reactions are rarely observed.
- In specific cases – nausea, vomiting.
As no compatibility studies have been performed, the medicinal product must not be mixed with other medicinal products.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Warning and Precaution
- If nausea or vomiting occurs, it is necessary to optimize the infusion speed.
- Influences the ability to drive and use machines.
- Preparation is prescribed with prudence to patients, involved in potentially dangerous activities, demanding increased reaction and quickness of psychomotor action.
Package and Storage
- Hepa-Merz ampoules packs of 5 amp of10 ml.
- Storage: Store at room temperature, out of the reach of children.
, Under licence from MERZ