Extract from the roots of Pelargonium sidoides.
- Acute infections of the respiratory tract.
- Acute infections in the ear-nose-throat region such as bronchitis and sinusitis.
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dose is as follows:
• Adults and adolescents over 12 years of age: 40 drops 3 times per day.
• Children aged from 6 to 12 years of age: 30 drops 3 times per day.
• Children aged from 1 to 5 years of age: 10 - 20 drops 3 times per day.
Do not take Kalobin:
• If you are allergic to Pelargonium sidoides extract or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
• If you have an increased tendency to bleeding.
• If you are taking coagulation-inhibiting drugs.
• If you have severe liver and/or kidney diseases as no sufficient experience is available in these fields.
- Gastrointestinal complaints may occur uncommonly during the treatment with Kalobin.
- In rare cases, mild bleeding from the gums or nose may occur.
- Hypersensitivity reactions have also been described in rare cases.
- In very rare cases liver dysfunction of different origin may occur; the causal relationship between this finding
and the application of the product has not been demonstrated.
Interactions with other medicines have not been reported to date.
Pregnancy and Lactation
- Should not be taken during pregnancy and lactation as there is no sufficient experience available.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, or think you may be pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Warning and Precaution
Warning and precaution have not been reported to date.
Package and Storage
- Package: oral drops pack.
- Storage: Store below 30 °C and 30 ml.
, Under licence from Schwabe